Python Developers Cape Town, South AfricaApply
VOSS, a leader in service delivery software, helps organizations meet their rapidly changing Unified Communications (UC) and IP telephony (IPT) requirements. The VOSS real time, centralized and fully automated UC service delivery platform addresses the challenges involved in managing the entire UC lifecycle: initial design; build and deployment; support and administration; upgrade and scaling. By simplifying business processes and removing technical complexity, VOSS increases productivity, speeds implementation, cuts costs, and provides a platform to launch new UC services.
VOSS customers include prominent global service providers, niche managed service providers, and large enterprises. For more information visit www.voss-solutions.com
Purpose of Position
The Engineering department is responsible for the design, development and Go-To market of our software products. The main responsibility of a Developer is to implement formal specifications as written up for him/her. The developer will be responsible for unit testing of his/her code and making sure that the performance and robustness of the code is of a high quality.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Thorough knowledge of Python with the Django framework, with minimum 2 years experience
- Java / C++ / Perl experience would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux OS AND Unix/Linux commands an advantage
- 5 years plus working experience in the software development area (with active participation in the Coding & Unit Testing cycle)
- Knowledge of software project lifecycle
- Experience in software development methodologies and implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of the development process
- Self-motivated and proven ability to self-manage
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience with creating and consuming REST (and other e.g. SOAP) APIs, knowledge of XML and JSON data structures/schemas.
- Adhere to the company coding standards and follow the best practices for optimal productivity
- Be responsible for an assigned set of activities or issues
- Support activities: Post production scripts/code support
- Perform unit testing to ensure quality of the deliverables
- Adhere to the company’s configuration management system
- Coordinate own tasks to meet schedules
- Work cooperatively with the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in software development
- Must hold current valid driver’s license and passport